Saturday, February 18, 2012

What is a Walk of Faith?

I have asked myself this question so many times lately?  What is a walk of faith?  A walk of faith is depending on the Lord with all that you have in your being.  It is closing your eyes and feeling the hand of God as he guides you down the paths of life. Faith is when you feel that everything around you is falling apart, but you know that someone has your back.  Someone that loves you more than anyone can imagine to love you. Faith is when you speak to that mountain in your life and envision God picking it up and throwing it as far as it will go. James 1:6 tells us that when we ask of God , our faith must be with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting).  For the one who wavers is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind.  Faith is knowing that God is throwing out the lifeline when we are drowning in worry, fear, pain, and just life.
In the last 3 months, I have had more mountains in my life than I would like to speak about.  God brought me to a cross way in the road of faith.  I had to choose which path I was going to take.  I had to decide if I wanted to stand in the gap and rely on God and my faith or  walk away in disappointment.  I chose the path of standing in the gap. That sounds so easy, but let me assure you that it's not the easy path. Being a gap stander, the term I like to use, is one of the hardest jobs that a Christian can sign up for.  It requires crying out to God and being strong and steadfast in your faith in God. Matthew 21:22 says, And whatever you ask for in prayer, having faith and (really) believing, you will receive. Luke 18:27 tells us , But He said, What is impossible with men is possible with God.  These are the scriptures that I am living by.  They have been burned into my mind and repeatedly on my lips. God's promises are for each and everyone of us.  He is no respecter of person.  So I have grabbed onto those promises and here I  stand in the gap.  By myself and holding onto my faith.  There are days that I feel like moving the mountains myself  and there are days that my faith is so small.  On the days that I feel my faith is small, I remember that God said we only had to have faith the size of a mustard seed.  A mustard seed is itty-bitty. God has such a sense of humor sometimes.  A mustard seed, really now God .  He knew we would have to think about that a minute.  I know that my faith is bigger than that!  So I once again get back on the road of faith.  Oh and did I tell you that I'm not walking that road alone.....no I have God right there with me all the way.
So that's how my walk of faith has started.  I have felt led by the Holy Spirit to share this walk with you.  I will be sharing my joys and struggles as we walk together.  I'm still speaking to those mountains and I'm still believing that my God will answer those prayers. I pray that the words that are on this page will encourage you to walk in faith also.  It 's a beautiful walk and might I say with the best partner anyone can have, GOD!    I challenge you to do the same. 
 James1:3 tells us to be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning sweet friend,
    I love the blog! :o) Yes! I do.
    I am so encouraged by your words. The Lord will do a mighty work in your blog. You are allowing Him to use you and are striving to live each day for Him. I too want to walk closer in faith with the Lord. Pray for me daily and I will pray the same for you. I have bookmarked your blog so that each day I can look for something new or just be blessed by the words from the days before.
    I love you my sister friend.
    God bless you.
    Love, Diane Fiship ( like the name? ) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my sweet friend! When I think of you, I can hear that wonderful laugh. It warms my heart with so many good memories. God has a purpose in everything. I don't know why he led me to write this blog, but He knows. If it touches one person, then I couldn't ask for anymore. You will be in my prayers. We will walk this walk of faith together. My desires that I can grow closer to Him each day.

      I love you more my sister friend!
      God's mighty blessings on you each day.
      Love,
      Kay

      Delete
    2. It is so good to read the new blog. You truly bless my day through God's Awesome works. Love to you and Craig. :o)

      Delete