Sunday, February 26, 2012

Does God hear my prayers?

Have you ever thought about the awesomeness of God?  I'm not sure awesomeness is really a word!  I don't know any other way to put it by my God is awesome.  My husband and I were going to out to eat and as we were driving we began to talk about the Lord.  How awesome is it that I have a husband that loves to talk about the Lord as much as I do.  I am so blessed!  I asked him if he had ever thought about how that God hears every prayer and is constantly at work every second of the day.  Truly my friend, think about this.  Think about how many people there are in the world and how many problems occur in their lives.  Think about the how many prayers are going up right at this moment.  Isn't it amazing that our God hears every prayer and that he remembers every prayer.  I struggle with remembering to pray when someone ask me to remember them in prayer.  I have started to pray right then, that way I won't forget to pray for them.  God starts working on our prayers as soon as He hears them.  Sometimes it's the way that we would love the answer to be and sometimes it's the total opposite from what we asked.  Once again, God is so awesome!  He knows the perfect answer and in His time , he reveals this to us.  My mind is boggled by the almighty power of God.  Right at this moment God is working out your prayers!  He knows you by name and your prayers are so very important to Him.  This is where our faith starts to play. When we pray for a person or circumstance, we must have the faith to allow God to work in the situation.  We may not see the answer today, tomorrow, or even a year from now, but please be assured that God is answering your prayers.  Luke 18:40-43; Then Jesus stood still and ordered that he be led to Him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him.  What do you want Me to do for you? He said, Lord, let me receive my sight! And Jesus said to him, Receive your sight! Your faith(your trust and confidence that spring from your faith in God) has healed you.  And instantly he received his sight and began to follow Jesus, recognizing, praising, and honoring God; and all the people, when they saw it, praised God.  No matter how big or small your prayer and no matter how eloquent or simple your prayer may be.  God desires to hear those prayers.  I have had many prayers within the last few months.  Prayers that have been with many tears.  Some days I couldn't even utter the words, but God knew what was in my heart.  He knows what is in your heart today.   He knows how much those prayers mean to you and I can assure you they are just as important to Him.  1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us: Be unceasing in prayers (praying perseveringly).  I'm asking you today, my friend , to please remember myself and my family in prayer.  I will be praying for everyone as your eyes touch this blog.  Remember that our faith can be the size of a mustard seed or it can be as big as a mountain. God is on the throne and working diligently.  All things are possible with God......

2 comments:

  1. Thank u so much for posting this. I so needed to read it. I have been in the does God even hear my prayers or why isn't he answering them? Thanks for the reminder that he is always listening to us. I will keep praying for yall. Please pray for me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nothing from me, but from the Lord. God has the perfect timing for each prayer. You are in my prayers! God knows all about it. His faithfulness is so amazing!!

      Delete